How to Get Rid Of Skin Discoloration Naturally
- 06 05
Skin discoloration is a common problem that is seen among people and though it is not something that you need to worry about, it may in some cases be start of something more serious. Generally skin discoloration happens due to hyper-pigmentation and these areas can be dry or sometimes rough. In some cases it can be itchy or painful too and it is better to consult a doctor in such situations.
Type of Skin discoloration:
There are different types of skin discoloration that can occur and they are
- Pale Skin
- Yellow Skin
- Red Skin
- Orange Skin
Causes of Skin Discoloration:
Skin discoloration is caused when the skin’s natural pigmentation, melanin is overproduced in a particular area. The increase in melanin will affect the topmost layer of the skin and will leave brown patches on your skin. Excess melanin is produced when the skin is exposed to the sun and this is considered to be the main cause of skin discoloration. Some of the other reasons that are said to cause skin discoloration are liver problems, indigestion and poor diet. Treating skin discoloration involves removing the discoloration that has occurred and to prevent it from happening again.
Symptoms Of Skin Discoloration:
The symptoms of skin discoloration are something that will be very obvious. The difference in skin color can generally indicate the type of skin discoloration that a person is facing and most doctors will be able to diagnose the problem easily.
Natural ways to cure skin discoloration
- Using freshly squeezed lemon juice or onion juice is said to be an effective remedy for skin discoloration. Lemon juice and onion juice have acidic properties that will help in removing the dark patches on the skin. Wet cotton balls with the juice of lemon or onion and apply it twice a day on the discolored part. You will be able to see the results in 6 to 8 weeks.
- Using extra virgin olive oil is another natural remedy for skin discoloration. You can wash your face with olive oil and a wet cloth that is warm to help reduce the discoloration of the skin.
- The discoloration of the skin will have a rough top layer after a few days and when it is so you can apply castor oil on the discolored part and gently massage it. This will help to reduce the amount of melanin in that part of the skin and help reduce pigmentation.
- Vitamin C is said to be very good for skin discoloration and therefore it is a good option to take foods that are rich in Vitamin C like citrus fruits or broccoli. Vitamin C helps to eliminate the free radicals that cause skin discoloration and also helps in tissue repair.
- Baking soda is said to be effective in removing dead cells and discoloration of the skin. It is important to remove the dead cells that are present on the skin and baking soda helps to do that. Make a paste out of baking soda and water and apply it on the discolored part. Gently massage it on the skin for about a minute and then rinse it off using warm water.
- It is very important to look at the diet that one is consuming as skin discoloration can be due to a poor diet. Eat foods that are rich in Vitamin C and get to know the best diet for you and follow it so that you can reduce skin discoloration naturally.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- How To Avoid Getting Bags Under Your Eyes
- Nobody wants to see baggy eyes when facing a...
- How To Tan Naturally Without Burning
- Suntans are considered to be attractive for a...
- Top 5 Mistakes While Treating Acne
- Acne can be upsetting - very upsetting especially...
- Understanding Liposuction Procedure and Risks
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes...
- Simple Home Remedies For Treatment Of Leucoderma
- Some people develop unusual spots of white...