Back Pain During Pregnancy: Causes And Quick Relief Tips
- 25 06
For women, having a baby is one of the most prestigious and dreamed gift. There is no price that can surpass the pleasure and happiness pregnancy gives a mother and nothing else in the world can parallel this feeling. The pleasure and mirth however come at the price of a tremendous amount of pain and endurance.
Carrying and delivering a baby is no easy task and the intensity of pain a mother is put through during the entire cycle of birth is ominously breathtaking. Back pain is one among the various reasons that complicate pregnancy during its late stages. Studies reveal that almost half of the entire pregnancy cases are complicated as a result of back pain. Here are some common causes and relief measures to rid away with the pain associated with it.
Based on the cause of origin, back pain during pregnancy periods are classified as:
In many cases, back pain during pregnancy is not directly related to the process. Strenuous work, bad postures of walking and standing, improper techniques of lifting and sore and stiff muscles and joints often results in mild and severe back pain. Such pain has been observed to have been pertaining even before pregnancy on account of weak and worn out muscles tissues and fibers. A few cases also extend to sciatica where the excessive pressure at the back causes pain in the sciatic nerve.
Pelvic Girdle Pain
Pelvic Girdle Pain originates due to hormonal changes in the body. The sacroiliac joint, associated with the general walking motion in humans, experience loosening of its strong ligaments. While this elasticity is necessary for the smooth delivery of the baby, it could result is severe back pain arising from increased motion and instability of these joints.
Quick Relief Tips
Here are few quick relief tips that you can try to get relief from back pain.
Maintaining A Good Body Posture
Maintaining a good body posture while walking and standing, helps reduce back pain considerably during pregnancy months.
Consider carrying out a few exercises to stretch and relieve the stiff muscles at the back. This often works quite effectively and eases pain.
A good sleep posture is also necessary to keep away back pain. Sleeping on your side with maternity pillows under your tummy is one effective way to rid the pain associated with pregnancy.
Massage And Heat Treatment
Getting your back massaged greatly puts you at ease. Application of heat to the affected area has also proven to remove the discomfort.
Undergoing chiropractic treatment has shown positive results for many women suffering from back pain. However, there is also the problem of a small amount of associated risk. It is always safe to consult a doctor before proceeding. Using support belts shall also provide you with pain relief as it helps in maintaining a good posture.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Dangers of alcohol during pregnancy
- It’s a dangerous thing to consume alcohol...
- Problems Associated With Consuming Caffeine During Pregnancy
- There are so many things that pregnant women are...
- The Top 5 Reasons Why You are Not Getting Pregnant
- Have you been trying to get pregnant for quite...
- Is nausea during pregnancy dangerous
- Are you pregnant and upset with nausea, vomiting...
- How to Stay Fit During Pregnancy
- Getting pregnant, for women this is considered as...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em