Simple Home Remedies For Earache
- 30 04
Earache or Otalgia is nothing but ear pain and there are two types of earache that have been classified. Primary otagia is earache that originates from inside the ear and Referred otalgia is earache that is known to originate from outside the ear. Earache is not always caused due to ear disease and there are many other causes like sinus,
infection of nose, throat cancer, impacted teeth, etc. There are different types of earaches that one can experience from the dull and mild pain to the sharp or burning pain in the ear. The earache can be something that is temporary or can even be a prolonged one and constant.
Causes of earache
- Earache can be caused by many factors and the variety of causes is very varied. Some of the common causes of earache are
- Glue ear is the buildup of fluid inside the eardrum and is primarily found in children than adults.
- Otitis externa is the infection of the ear canal that is present outside the eardrum
- Throat infections and cold
- Jaw pain or temperomandibular joint pain
- Infected hair follicle or boil in the ear canal
- Injury to the ear canal that is caused due to sharp objects or cotton buds
- Facial nerve pain
- Tooth pain like wisdom teeth problems
- Eczema in ear canal
- Blockage of the ear canal due to ear wax or other objects
Symptoms of earache
The symptoms of earache will differ with the type of earache that a person is having, but then there are a few general symptoms that one can look out for and they are
- Swelling of the ear
- Ringing or buzzing sound in the ear
- Drainage from the helix or ear canal
- Full or blocked sensation in the ear
- Pain when touching or pulling the helix
- Hearing loss
- Constant itching of the ear
Home remedies for earache
- Warm a bit of olive oil and put three to four drops of the oil in the ear canal with the help of a dropper to minimize the burning sensation and pain inside the ear.
- Peppermint oil or fresh peppermint juice can also be used, but peppermint oil has to be mixed with olive oil before using.
- Take a fresh onion, crush it and wrap it in a clean cloth tightly. Place the cloth on the infected ear for about 10 minutes to get relief.
- A few drops of fresh ginger extract can also be put into the ear to relieve earache.
- Mix ¼ cup of warm sesame oil and one tablespoon of fresh ginger root and apply it around the infected ear externally to get some relief.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Treat Ringworm Naturally With Simple Home Remedies
- Ringworm or Dermatophytosis is an infection of...
- Treat Heart Palpitation Naturally With Home Remedies
- Palpitation is considered to be an abnormality in...
- Treat Migraine Naturally With 8 Simple Tips
- Migraine is painful and severe headache that...
- Natural Tips To Cure Hysteria
- Hysteria is a mental disorder that is...
- 8 Natural Tips to Cure Hives
- Hives, also known as urticaria, nettle rash or...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em