Salt water gargle for sore throat
- 12 06
Throat infection is very common problem that affect people of all age and sex somewhere in their life. Sore throat often happens with children or teenagers. It is generally caused by bacteria which is very contagious and can transmit through sneezing or coughing.
Symptoms of sore throat:
Sore throat is usually accompanied with pain and burning sensation while swallowing anything. Swelling of throat, swelling of tonsils, fever, diarrhea, fatigue and difficulty in swallowing are some common symptoms of sore throat.
Salt water gargle for sore throat:
There are many home remedies that can help you to get relief from the pain of sore throat. One of the very effective and simple home remedy is warm salt water gargle. It works well on curing sore throat because of three reasons:
- The warm salt water washes away the excessive mucus lining buildup in sore throat. These mucus lining developed during sore throat protects the germs. Washing away mucus helps to expose the nasty bacteria.
- Salt water contains antibacterial and disinfectant properties. Salt water kills the exposed bacteria as germs don’t tolerate salt water.
- Salt water not only gives temporary relief immediately but also helps the body immune system to work easily so that sore throat could heel quickly.
Salt water gargle recipe:
Take ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt in a cup of pure water. Gently heat the solution to properly dissolve the salt. Once the salt get dissolve, use this solution to gargle. Make sure that water is not too hot to gargle else you will end up in burnt throat and tongue. The water used for gargling should not contain chlorine because it may irritate your throat.
Precautions while using salt water gargle:
Salt water is very effective in giving you relief from sore throat but you should not overdo salt water gargle. It is because gargling with too salty water frequently, damages the mucous membrane of throat and make it easy target for bacteria and virus attack.
Other home remedies for sore throat:
- Ginger is very beneficial in curing sore throat. Drinking ginger tea not only gives soothing effect in throat but also cure sore throat quickly.
- You can also drink warm soups to sooth the throat.
- Basil is another effective home remedy for treatment of sore throat. Boil few leaves of basil in a cup of water and gargle.
- Add some turmeric powder in milk and boil it. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which give soothing effect to the throat.
- Avoid cold water, smoking and caffeine as they irritate the throat.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Effective And Simple Home Remedies For Treatment Of Acidity
- Acidity is one of the most common problem that...
- 10 Simple Home Remedies For Gingivitis
- Among many health problem, gingivitis is one that...
- Rheumatism Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Rheumatism also known as rheumatic disorder is a...
- How to Stop Nose bleeding - Home remedy
- Nose bleed is very common among children and...
- Nervousness Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Nervousness is something that almost every person...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em