Health Benefits Of Onion
- 07 02
Onions are one of those foods that have been used in lots of recipes since ages. It is a member of Lily family and has direct relationship with garlic in terms of health benefits. Because of its medicinal values, it has been used regularly in the dishes. Onion comes in different colors usually red, white, yellow or green. They also differ in size and taste.
Some Facts about Onion:
- Onions contains hundreds of healthy sulfur compounds. While chopping, when these sulfur compounds reach your eyes, they make you cry.
- Smaller the onion, more bitter they will.
- Refrigerating onion for some time before peeling can avoid Tears in your eyes.
- It is easier to peel wet onion than a dry one.
- Always chop onion from the top instead of root to avoid crying.
- Adding salt while frying onion, make the onion brown quickly.
Health Benefits Of Onion:
Onions are used to cure many illness since 4000 B.C. Since Ages, it has been used to reduce pain and making wound heal quickly. Onions are rich in flavonoids which are immensely useful in preventing cancer and tumors. Onions have strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is rich in Vitamin A, B, C. It is also a potent source of many minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium and iron. These are some health benefits of onion.
- Onions are a good source of iron and folic acid which makes it useful in treatment of anemia.
- Eating an onion every day raises the HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers the LDL, which is extremely valuable in heart problems like blood pressure and blood clots. It dissolves blood clots and makes the blood thin naturally.
- It contains chromium, which is hugely beneficial in bringing down insulin level, so it is particularly helpful for diabetic patients.
- It is also found that applying onion juice on the scalp can help you in re-growth of hair.
- Onion helps in increasing your bone density. Daily consumption of onions is extremely beneficial for people who are at the risk of osteoporosis.
- Daily consumption of onion reduces the risk of cancer manifold.
How to buy onion:
On store while buying onion, always choose onions that are well shaped, dry and crisp outer layer. Avoid onion that has soft spots or moisture near their neck. Keep the onion in dry but ventilated place. Keep it away from light, otherwise its root will start growing.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Health Benefit of Coconut Water during Pregnancy
- We all love to quench our thirst with sugar and...
- Health Benefit of Turmeric in Stroke Treatment
- Turmeric is extremely familiar culinary spice,...
- Acidity - Causes and Home Remedies
- Acidity is a common stomach problem which we all...
- Water Therapy - Health Benefits and Related Problems
- Water therapy is a treatment which involves...
- Lemon Juice - Health Benefits
- In a hot summer, a glass of fresh, cold lemon...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em