Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies for Conjunctivitis or Pink Eye
- 07 02
Conjunctivitis also known as pink eye is a very common eye infection. It is highly contagious eye disease. It is also known as eye flu. Though it is not seriously harmful, but the soreness in eyes and the possibility of making the other person also sick keep the victim frustrated. Pink eye naturally goes away in the time interval of seven to ten days, but the pain and discomfort cause during this period is very unbearable. Home remedies are highly effective in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
Causes of Conjunctivitis:
Conjunctivitis is the inflammation and redness in the mucus membrane which is basically the outer layer of the eyeball. Here, are most common causes that can lead to pink eye or conjunctivitis.
- Direct or indirect contact with the person infected can result in conjunctivitis because it is highly conjunctivitis disease.
- Spending time in overcrowded or unhygienic surrounding can result into conjunctivitis.
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Polluted environment full of dust pollen or dirt can reach into your eyes and cause conjunctivitis.
- Conjunctivitis can also be a result of allergy. Chemical present in soap, makeup or other products may slip into eyes and cause allergy.
Symptoms of Conjunctivitis:
Conjunctivitis can be easily identified with following symptoms.
- Redness in eye specially the corner of eyelids
- Excessive tears from the eyes
- White or yellowish pus from the eyes which can make your eyes sticky
- Burning or itching sensation in eyes
- Feeling of foreign material like sand in the eyes.
Home remedy for Conjunctivitis:
The germs involve in Conjunctivitis may be present either in eye discharge or nasal secretion. So you should always avoid sharing your towel, handkerchief and pillow to the other person else you can make them also victim. After taking care of others, you can follow these natural home remedies to cure conjunctivitis.
- Icepack is highly effective home remedy for swelling and itchiness in eyes. Soak a clean cloth in chilled water and put it over your eyes.
- You can place freshly cut potato slice over your eyes. It sooths the eyes and gives relief from pain.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling handful of dried coriander in water. Strainer and cool this liquid. It is an excellent decoction for washing your eyes. It not only gives relief from pain but also lessen the swelling in eyes.
- Vitamin A and B2 are very effective in combating Conjunctivitis. Include foods containing abundant amount of Vitamin A and B2 in your diet.
- Add a tsp of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and use this mixture to wash your eyes with the help of a cotton ball.
- Soak a clean sterile cotton ball in warm water and use it to for cleaning your eyes. You can also use it as warm compress which provide relief to the eyes.
- Gooseberry juice is effective in treatment of conjunctivitis. Take one cup of juice mix with a tsp of honey two times in a day.
- Carrot juice and spinach juice are also highly beneficial for eye infection or conjunctivitis.
- You can also apply poultice yogurt over the infected area of your eyes.
- Boil some fennel seed in water. Strain and cool the solution. Use it for eye wash.
- You should avoid sunlight as it irritates the eyes more
- Apply moist, cold chamomile tea bag on closed eye for around 10 minutes. This gives relief from pain and reduces redness in eyes.
- You can wash the inflamed eye many times in a day with solution prepared by rose water.
These are few home remedies that you can try for conjunctivitis.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Causes Symptoms And Simple Tips to Cure Dry Lips
- A beautiful smile not only wins the hearts of...
- Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies For Bone Spurs
- Bone spur is a common medical disorder which is...
- 8 Simple Home Remedies To Treat Boils
- Boils are a common skin infection which we all...
- 11 Natural Tips To Avoid and Cure Indigestion
- Indigestion is a common occurring problem which...
- 9 Simple Natural Tips to Heal Canker Sores
- Mouth ulcer is also known as aphthous ulcer or...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em