15 Simple and Effective Tips To Cure Mouth Ulcers
- 16 07
Mouth ulcers are open sores that appear in the mouth. They are also known by many other names like canker sores, cold sores, oral mucositis or aphthous stomata. They are white or yellow in color and cause sharp pain while eating, drinking or speaking.
The mouth ulcers can occur anywhere in the mouth which includes inner surface of cheek, lips, tongue or at base of gums. Most people suffer from mouth sores occasionally but some people find them appearing one after another. These type of ulcer are known as recurrent mouth ulcer.
Causes of Mouth Ulcer:
There are several factors that can lead to formation of canker sores or mouth ulcer. These factors include
- Constant stress
- Wrong diet and problem with digestive system like constipation
- Infection of the herpes
- Infection in mouth caused by chemicals like tobacco or alcohol
- Hereditary factors
- Any physical damage inside mouth either caused by chewing inside of cheek or over tooth-brushing.
Home remedy for mouth ulcers:
The pain caused by mouth ulcers are unbearable but if you follow these home remedies, it will ease out the pain and help you in getting rid of mouth ulcers quickly.
- Stop consuming hot and spicy food immediately because it will aggravate the pain caused by mouth ulcer.
- Papaya is an excellent food to consume during ulcers. It not only sooth the pain caused by it but also help you to heal quickly.
- Avoid chewing hard food instead take soft food that are very easy to chew.
- Change your toothbrush after every month.
- Alternatively gargling with hot water and cold water cure mouth ulcers.
- Don’t consume beverage like coffee or tea.
- Curd or butter milk is also beneficial in easing out the pain of mouth ulcers.
- Eat raw onions in salad.
- Apply paste of Indian gooseberry(Amla) over the ulcer directly. It will give you relief quickly.
- Dissolve one tsp of salt in one cup of warm water. Use this solution to gargle twice in a day.
- Create a paste of honey and coconut milk and apply this paste over affected area inside mouth.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide or baking soda in water and use this solution to gargle.
- Applying peppermint oil over the open sores gives relief from the pain.
- Chew basil leaves and then rinse the mouth with water. Follow this procedure 6 times in a day.
- Mix ripe banana in curd and use it as a desert. It will give you relief from pain.
- Increase intake of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B9. These vitamins have been shown to heal and prevent mouth ulcers.
Things you should know:
- Mouth ulcers usually starts with a tingling or burning sensation at any spot inside mouth.
- In one or two days a blister with red spot forms at that place and later followed by an open yellow or white ulcer.
- In the final stage it can be 3 mm to 10 mm wide.
- Mouth ulcers usually last in 3-5 days but in some cases it can trouble you for 3-4 weeks.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Effective but Simple Remedies to Get Rid of Hiccups Immediately
- Hiccups are one of the most common body functions...
- Salt water gargle for sore throat
- Throat infection is very common problem that...
- Effective And Simple Home Remedies For Treatment Of Acidity
- Acidity is one of the most common problem that...
- 10 Simple Home Remedies For Gingivitis
- Among many health problem, gingivitis is one that...
- Rheumatism Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies
- Rheumatism also known as rheumatic disorder is a...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em