Techniques to shape your backside!
- 24 03
Women tend to carry most of their body weights on their hips, thighs and butts. As you might have learnt by now— after years of attending exercise classes, it is very difficult to spot reduce. While some of the muscles respond quickly to exercise, the butt is extremely stubborn. If you have been trying in vain to get rid of that big behind, don’t despair. Here are some effective techniques to blast that backside!
That doesn’t mean that you are STUCK. What it does mean is that you need to get on an exercise program that trains the butt from every possible angle, giving it no choice but to get in shape. For this, you will have to target all the muscles of the butt— the gluteus maxims, minimus and medius. There are also deeper muscles that help to rotate the thigh and stabilize the hips. For getting results, you need to include them as well in your workout routine.
Losing weight or losing body fat is a result of burning more calories than consumed. A diet is a very integral part of reducing and shaping the butt. This doesn’t mean that you have to starve yourself, but it does mean that you have to watch what you eat. Eating several small meals a day keeps your metabolic rate up. Consume a diet that is made up of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; 20 per cent, 65 per cent and 15 per cent respectively. Eating rights is winning half the battle of the bulge.
- You need cardiovascular exercise as well as strength training.
- Cardiovascular exercises trim the fat off by burning calories. Strength training, firms, tightens and shapes the butt.
- Incorporate regular cardiovascular activity into your schedule four to five times a week, for at least 30 minutes per session.
- The best butt-shaping activities are stair-climbing, running, cycling and walking uphill.
- You can set your elliptical trainer for a steeper incline, as a challenging variation.
- Try interval training— alternating high and low energy bursts of exercise.
- Incorporate a strength training program, thrice a week, on alternate days, to target the glutes.
- To make the most of strength training, focus on the glutes during various leg and butt exercises to optimize results.
- Add an extra glutes workout every week to your regular routine.
- Start gradually and increase your intensity as you build up your stamina.
- Learn good exercise form and posture, and control your movements accordingly.
- Remember, precede all workouts with a warm-up and don’t forget to stretch at the end of your workout. Dig into four butt blasters— make them part of your workout routine for greater benefits.
Stiff Legged Dead Lift
- Stand upright and hold dumbbells at arms’ length, using a shoulder-width grip.
- Keep your shoulder blades retracted, your spine in a neutral position and knees unlocked, but straight.
- Lower your torso from your hips until your hamstrings are fully stretched, and your torso is roughly parallel to the floor. Return to the start position.
- Don’t arch your back and keep dumbbells close to your legs throughout. Repeat eight to 12 times.
- Lie on your back, arms straight by your sides, palms facing upwards, and heels placed on a step in front of you, with your feet hip-width apart.
- Slowly lift hips until you’re resting on your shoulder blades. The body should form a straight line from knees to shoulders.
- Hold, then lower to the starting bridge position. Repeat eight to 15 times.
Butt & Back Shaper
- Lie on your stomach with your legs about hip-width apart. Rest your head on your hands.
- Inhale and lift your navel off the floor toward the spine; squeeze your buttocks and lift your legs, pushing them away from the body, rather than trying to lift them high.
- Keep buttocks tight as you lower the legs. Exhale. Repeat eight times.
Butt & Thigh Sculptor
- Stand with your right foot flat on a high step, left foot on the ground.
- Squeeze right glutes to strengthen right leg and raise yourself up to step height.
- Hold, then lower and complete 16 repetitions on the same leg. Then switch sides.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with exercises! You have to find an exercise routine that suits you the best. Try to find a balance between what you must do and what is fun. And keep on striving— for then, those great glutes are YOURS. Guaranteed!
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Benefits of Workout Programs
- Everyone in this world wants to look attractive...
- Stress and Obesity – Two Modern Day Menaces and One Good Old Solution
- Starting from the prehistoric beasts and...
- Ways to Stop Stuffy Nose
- One of the most common problems that people face...
- 10 Most Common Signs And Symptoms Of Appendicitis
- Anytime a person has sharp pain in his or her...
- 3 Biggest Myths About Colon Hydrotherapy
- Colonic therapy is part of widespread medical...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em