Causes Of Arthritis
- 07 02
Arthritis is a medical condition which is related to inflammation inside the joints of bone. It primarily affects the older people. It is derived from two Greek words athron + itis. Athron refers to joints, and itis denotes inflammation. There are more than 100 types of arthritis identified in which two most common are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Osteoarthritis usually affects older people when their joints become weak due to wear and tear. Rheumatoid arthritis affects not only bones but also tendons, muscles and tissues of the body.
Causes of Arthritis:
There are hundreds of types of arthritis identified and the true causes depend on the type of arthritis. Most common causes of Arthritis include:
Due to some hormonal imbalance the amount of estrogens increases relative to androgens in joint fluid. Estrogens are responsible for inflammation and androgens reduce inflammation. This hormonal imbalance results in arthritis.
Aging also plays a key role in arthritis. Normal wear and tear with the age causes Osteoarthritis a type of arthritis. It affects larger joints of the body like knees, hips and back. People with age more than 65 have higher chances of developing osteoarthritis due to low-bone density.
Being overweight makes you at higher chances of arthritis. Excess weight causes extra pressure on the bones and increase the wear and tear and therefore it worsen the arthritis more quickly.
Giving excess pressure on the joints, ligament and cartilage increase the risk of arthritis. If some of your actions are causing aching sensation in your joints or pain become severe after exercise, avoid those exercises and consult a doctor.
Rheumatoid arthritis are related to genetics so if your family has a history of developing arthritis, you are also at higher chance of developing it in the near future.
Structural changes in the cartilage of joints:
Structural changes in the articular cartilage in the joints plays a key role in Osteoarthritis which affects larger joints of the body.
Certain infection and bacteria deteriorate the cartilage between the joints and thus result in arthritis. If you are suffering from arthritis, they can make it worse.
An injury or illness may increase the spread of arthritis. Broken bones can also cause arthritis.
Arthritis cause pain in joints, and you always feel under stress. It makes you unmotivated and sedentary towards life. If you think your life is going through this stage, don’t wait and consult a doctor.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Foods to Avoid in Daily Breakfast
- Morning breakfast is an essential activity that...
- Top 8 Causes Of Diabetes
- Diabetes has become a common problem now a day....
- Top 10 Causes Of Constipation
- Constipation is one of those problems which we...
- Anemia Causes and Symptoms
- Anemia is a medical disorder which results due to...
- Symptoms of Acidity or Heartburn
- Heartburn or commonly known as acidity is very...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em