Causes Symptoms And Simple Tips to Cure Dry Lips
- 07 02
A beautiful smile not only wins the hearts of other but also enhance your self esteem as well as self confidence. You can not obtain stunning smile without light and pink lips. Dry and chapped lips are not only embarrassing and unattractive but also cause pain. Just like skin care, Lips also require specific attention. Lips get dry easily compared to skin because they don’t produce oil to keep it moisturized and soft. In the low humidity, dry wind and winter season, lips get easily dry and chapped.
Causes Of Dry Lips:
Though the main cause of dry, chapped and cracked lips is the harsh environment but there are many other causes that contribute to dry lips.
- Exposure to dry winds, cold, low humid atmosphere cause dry lips.
- Overexposure to the sun also makes the lips dry and cracked
- Lack of vitamins especially A, B and C can cause dry and cracked lips.
- Dehydration may cause dry lips.
- Improper digestion can result into dry, cracked lips.
- Excessive use of harsh soap may make the lips dry.
- Skin disorder, riboflavin deficiency and certain disease can attribute to dry lips.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol also contribute to dry lips.
- Some skin care products may irritate and cause dry lips.
Symptoms Of Dry Lips:
The most common symptom of dry lips is feeling of dryness and pain in the lips. Bleeding, peeling of lip outermost layer, reddishness and desire to frequent licking of lip are other symptoms of dry lips.
Home Remedies For Dry Lips:
There are many basic home remedies available for dry, inelastic and chapped lips. Here, are some common natural tips for dry lips that you can follow.
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. Keeping your body hydrated is most crucial for dry skin as well as dry lips.
- You can apply petroleum jelly or lip balm over your lips to keep it smooth and hydrated.
- Applying Ghee or Butter over lips not only make lips soft and smooth but also give relief from the pain caused by cracked lips.
- You can apply milk cream over your lips. It is effective in removing dead dry cells from lips, and makes them smooth and soft.
- Aloe Vera gel is beneficial in all kind of skin problems. You can apply Aloe-Vera gel over your lips.
- Include food containing Vitamin A in your daily diet as the deficiency of Vitamin A causes cracked lips.
- You can apply glycerin over dry lips to make it smooth. Adding few drops of honey in glycerin and applying this mixture overnight on your lips is highly effective home remedy for making the lips smooth and soft.
- Cucumber slice are also effective in treatment of dry lips. Rub freshly cut cucumber slice over your lips. It will cure dry and chapped lips.
- Castor oil can also be applied on dry lips.
- Squash few rose petals and mix it in glycerin. Apply this paste over lips. It will help in maintaining the color and moisture of lips.
These are few easy home remedies that you can apply to get rid of dry lips.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Causes Symptoms and Home Remedies For Bone Spurs
- Bone spur is a common medical disorder which is...
- 8 Simple Home Remedies To Treat Boils
- Boils are a common skin infection which we all...
- 11 Natural Tips To Avoid and Cure Indigestion
- Indigestion is a common occurring problem which...
- 9 Simple Natural Tips to Heal Canker Sores
- Mouth ulcer is also known as aphthous ulcer or...
- 10 Simple Home Remedies to Cure SunBurn
- Sunburn is a medical condition in which our skin...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em