What Allergy Causes Swollen Eyes
- 30 05
Most of the people face swollen eyes or eyelids problem somewhere in their life. It can affect anyone at any age. It not only affect your appearance but also cause itching or redness around that area. Most of the times the causes of swollen eyes are not serious but you should not skip consulting with your doctor because it might be caused by some serious health problem.
The most common reason for developing swollen or puffy eyes is allergy. There are plenty of allergies that could result into swollen eyes or eyelids. Some of few are summarize below.
This type of allergy is often caused by pollen of trees and plants. The studies show that itchy and swollen eyes are very common in the countries with high temperature and humidity. There is no cure for this type of allergy so the best way to tackle seasonal allergy is to avoid going outside when pollen level are high. You should wash your hands and clean your face as soon as you come back to home.
Food allergies could also cause swollen eyes but it is very difficult to find which food is the culprit. Other than puffiness around eyes, food allergy cause runny nose and rashes. Different people develop allergies with different foods. Chocolate, dairy product, buckwheat are most common food allergies.
Animal allergy is another common form allergy which may result in puffy eyes. Some people are allergic to certain kind of animals. This type of allergy causes sneeze, coughing, itchy skin and puffy eyes.
How to cure swollen eye:
- The first thing that you should do to cure swollenness in eye is not to rub your eyes because it will only aggravate the problem.
- Put cold ice pack or warm cloth over the eyes. It will help in reducing the swelling.
- Keep your head elevated. If you keep your head down more blood will go in eyes and may result in more swelling.
- To avoid allergies, keep your home clean, install air filters, and keep air ducts clean.
- Apply freshly cut cucumber slices over your eyes for half an hour. It will reduce swelling and improve the redness.
- If you are experiencing pain with swollen eye, immediately take medical help.
Post Your View
You Might Interested In
- Bad Breath After Wisdom Tooth Removal
- It is common to have bad breath after wisdom...
- What Are Symptoms of Migraine
- Migraine is a common neurological problem that...
- How To Get Relief From Nasal Congestion
- If you have ever faced the nasal congestion or...
- Ways To Reduce Nervousness
- Nervousness is a common problem that every...
- The Difference Between Acid Reflux And Indigestion
- Many people believe that indigestion and acid...
- 8 effective but simple tips to cure dark circles...
- Hi, Nice information you have given in this post. Thanks for...
- By : Lesa Thomas
- The Top 5 Reasons Why You are Not Getting Pregnant
- There are some reason why women could not get pregnant easily,...
- By : sarahjeffries
- Are Fruit Snacks Healthy Diet for you
- Been eating 15 packs a day for a week or so... worst thing I can...
- By : papi chulo
- 8 Natural Tips to Cure Dry Eye Syndrome
- Great job! It is very good article about Dry Eye Syndrome really...
- By : Tisa Smith