10 Simple Home Remedy for Amnesia
- 07 02
Amnesia is a condition which affects the memory of a person. This condition can occur in two forms that is Anterograde amnesia and retrograde amnesia. Anterograde amnesia is a condition where an individual may lose long term memory. Retrograde amnesia is the loss of a patient’s short term memory. The condition can affect people regardless of age and gender. However, the people at high risk of amnesia are senior citizens.
Causes of Amnesia:
There are several factors and conditions, which cause amnesia and some of them, include:
- Brain damage as a result of head injury
- Traumatic incidents
- Brain infections such as encephalitis and herpes among others • Alzheimer disease
- Brain tumor
- Brain cell degeneration
- Excessive abuse of drugs
- AIDS related conditions
- Lack of proper oxygen flow in the brain
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Bleeding in the skull cavity between the brain and the skull
- Extensive seizures and trauma
- Shellfish poisoning
- Extensive alcohol abuse
Symptoms of Amnesia:
The most common symptoms of amnesia include
- Disorientation and confusion
- Short term memory problem
- Lack of recognition of familiar places and faces
- Total or partial memory loss
- Inability to learn new things
- Inability to recollect past events
- Confabulation, which is false remembrance of past events
- Inability to control neurological movements leading to tremors and uncoordinated movement
Home remedies for Amnesia:
There are home remedies, which aid a patient by improving mental ability as well as improving the functions of the nervous system.
- Rosemary herb: The most common home remedy for amnesia is rosemary herb. This herb is commonly known as the remembrance herb, and aids in curing mental fatigue.
- Walnuts: Walnuts can also help in improvement of an individual’s memory. By adding these memory boosters to your diet, you can gain a lot in case you are suffering from this condition.
- Almonds: Almonds are also very effective memory booster. They restore poor memory caused by brain weakness. Take 10-15 almonds and soak them in a glass of water over night. Take them out in the morning and remove the outer skin. Make a fine paste of these soaked almonds and take it alone or with teaspoon of butter.
- Apples: Apples are very effective in treatment of amnesia. Apples are enriched in vitamin B1, phosphorus, and potassium which is necessary for the synthesis of glutamic acid. This chemical is very necessary to prevent wear and tear of nerve cells. Taking one apple each day with a teaspoon pure honey is very effective in prevention of amnesia.
- Perennial Booti: An amnesia patient can use Perennial Booti to enhance his memory. Take around seven-eight gram of this herb and dry it in a shady place. Once it become dry, grind it with 5-7 almonds and half gram of pepper and stir this powder in a half glass of water. Add around 25gm of sugar in this decoction and drink this mixture daily in the morning empty stomach.
- Honey and Black pepper: many people use one teaspoonful of honey sprinkled with powder from black pepper to enhance memory.
- Diet for Amnesia: A phosphorous rich diet is another method of improving memory. Some of phosphorus rich fruits include grapes, figs, apples and almonds among others. Coffee, tea, cola, chocolate, alcohol should be avoided.
- Cumin seeds: Another effective way to treat amnesia is consumption of cumin seeds. Add 3 gram of cumin seed with two teaspoon of pure honey and consume it twice in a day.
- Holy Basil Leaves: Holy basil leaves are another memory enhancer. You can consume these leaves directly or you can make a decoction by boiling these leaves in water.
- Writing Diary: Another method of curbing the effects of amnesia is writing a diary or daily schedule. This can help amnesia patients to orient themselves with their surroundings and activities.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- Simple Tips to Cure Alzheimer Naturally
- Alzheimer disease, commonly known as AD, is a...
- 6 Simple Home Remedies for Arteriosclerosis
- Arteriosclerosis is the condition where artery...
- 7 Natural Tips to Cure Constipation During Pregnancy
- Every woman cherishes the desire to be a mother...
- 8 Natural Tips for Treatment of Angina Pectoris or Chest Pain
- Angina pectoris shortly know as angina is a...
- How to Cure Peptic Ulcer Naturally
- There are different kinds of ulcers known to man,...
- Does exercise really cure back pain
- Meditation is the best exercise to get rid of back pain. There...
- By : piercen bell
- What causes dry cracked heel
- While one of the main causes of dry, cracking skin is the arid...
- By : piercen bell
- Saffron, Kesar, kumkumapoo - Health Benefits
- i am asthama patient. how van i use kesar. it is good for my...
- By : velayil
- Pros and Cons of Consuming Beans in your Daily...
- I eat beans regularly, I don't gain weight and I can eat as much...
- By : Em