10 Simple Home Remedies For Oral Thrush
- 07 02
Have you ever got some whitish patches sticking inside of your mouth or on the tongue? These whitish patches are known as thrush which is a form of yeast infection. The yeast that is responsible for the thrush is known as Candida. The phenomenon is more pronounced in babies and older adults but it can affect the person at any age.
The babies develop thrush due to immature immune system which is not able to control the growth of yeast and in older adults, it generally happens due to weaken immune system. The thrush can be very troublesome condition but can be cured easily with home remedies and it is advised to treat thrush with alternative medicines rather than using chemicals or strong medicines.
Home remedies for Oral Thrush:
- To avoid thrush, you must practice oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth twice in a day and floss your mouth. Replace your toothbrush frequently as this infection is contagious.
- Salt water solution is very simple home remedy for oral thrush. Dissolve few grams of normal salt in a cup of warm water and gargle. Spit it out the content and follow this process 3-4 times in a day.
- You can make an effective anti-fungal mouth was at home by mixing cider vinegar and a pinch of salt in a cup of warm water. Use this mouthwash to swish in your mouth. Make sure that this mixture reaches all the corner of your mouth to avoid further re-growth of yeast.
- Garlic and onion contain natural anti-fungal properties. Eating garlic or onion helps in killing the Candida spread in your mouth. Regular consumption of garlic prevents yeast infection.
- Breastfeeding mothers can pass thrush to their babies during breast feeding. Ensure proper hygiene near nipple area and look for any occurrence of redness or abnormality. Use of nursing pad helps in preventing the spread of yeast infection.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar as yeast organism survives on sugar. If you have oral thrush, you must stop consumption of sugary items.
- Avoid consumption of fermented foods like bread, wine or beer. It will help in preventing the growth of yeast infection.
- Coconut oil contains Caprylic acid which fights Candida naturally. You can take a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth, swish around and then spit it out to prevent oral thrush. Coconut oil can be applied over nipple area by breastfeeding mother to prevent spread of thrush to their babies.
- You can mix baking soda in a cup of warm water and then use a neat cotton ball to wipe inside of mouth and tongue to prevent oral thrush.
- Eating sugar free yogurt is an excellent remedy to prevent oral thrush.
These are some simple but effective home remedies that you can use to combat oral thrush.
Post a comment
You Might Interested In
- 8 Natural Tips to Cure Dry Eye Syndrome
- To keep the eye vision calm and easy, our tears...
- 8 Simple Home Remedies for Vomiting
- Vomiting is a common health issue which we all...
- 10 Natural Ways to Whiten Your Teeth
- The first thing that people perceive whenever you...
- Natural Ways To Cure And Avoid Baby Cough
- It is exceedingly common to catch cold for babies...
- Simple Tips to Cure Tinnitus Naturally
- Are you hearing some ringing noise in your ears...